Nightfall on Halloween: Trick-or-Treat Tips
Last-minute checklist to be safe during Halloween Trick-or-Treating
- Give your children a good meal prior to parties and trick-or-treating to discourage filling up on treats.
- Consider fire safety when decorating. Do not overload electrical outlets with holiday lighting or special effects.
- Keep Jack O'Lanterns away from drapes, decorations, flammable materials, or areas where children will be standing or walking. Make sure paper or cloth yard decorations won't blow into flaming candles.
- Confine, segregate, or otherwise prepare pets for an evening of frightful sights and sounds. Make sure that dogs and cats wear collars and proper ID. Consult your veterinarian for further advice.
- Remind drivers to remain cautious and drive slowly through the community.
- Adult partygoers should select a designated driver.
- Parents should tell older children how to reach them in case of an emergency and when to be home.
Happy Trick-or-Treating from MysteryNet.