Free lesson plan for 4th grade and up
Students will understand what mysteries are by discussing mysteries they have read or seen on TV.
Academic: Attentive Listening
Social: Sharing Ideas
Chalkboard or chart paper, chalk, or multicolored pens
Review rules with students: Speaking out so others can hear, but not shouting out, listening to each other, taking turns, and encouraging each other.
Discussion Questions (Write student responses on board)
- What do you think a mystery should be?
- When you think about mysteries, what comes to mind?
- What is your favorite mystery book, movie, or TV program?
- What do you find suspenseful?
- How did the author make you curious?
- What do you think makes a good mystery?
- How did students respond to this activity?
- Were the students able to discuss and understand the different aspects of mysteries?